Saturday, June 9, 2007

days 8-17: ulm

So it's been a while since the last update. Not too much is new. We watched season 1 of Man vs. <span class=Wild. Now I question all of my survival techniques and ask myself, "would Bear do this?". So anyway, last week, Jonas, Stefan, Flo and I went out for cocktails first at the movie theatre, but that was too crowded, but the bar across the street looked ok, so we settled there. I really liked it and two cocktails and I was good for the night. But just so you know, Jonas had the same amount as me, and so pound for pound (or kilo for kilo, whatever), I can hold my alcohol pretty well compared to a full-grown German boy. The picture to the left proves my point. There, Jonas is drinking a candle, not his drink.
The next morning, I didn't feel too good and unfortunately that feeling lasted the rest of the week. The next night, it was Lasagna Cook-Off 2007! The question if homemade lasagna or box lasagna is better was tested. Team Us (Jonas and me) vs. Team Them (Flo and Stefan). Team Us made box lasagna and Team Them spent an extra few hours in the kitchen making lasagna from scratch. Ours was just as good. But I think everyone was starving and the box lasagna was the first one we ate. I think we should have a rematch, but this time with a different dish...maybe ravioli or something...



Flo and I had a nice trip [changed from "outing"... Flo says this is means gay in German]. We borrowed Stefan's car and drove about 30-45 minutes to Blautopf, a spring that's...blue. It was a public holiday in Baden-Württemberg so it was filled with lots of visitors. It was nice and warm so Flo got some strawberry cake and I got chocolate ice cream. Now I'm just trying to fill in enough to get to this line. YES! finally! Now I can start to write about the castle!




Burg Helfenstein is the ruin of a castle built around 1100. To get to the castle, we had to walk through the woods and across a small bridge to get to the ruin. Definitely not a Neuschwanstein type castle, but kind of better because it was actually a working castle and walking there wasn't an hour long strenuous hike up a mountain. After walking up the tower and around the fort, Flo got a Radler and bratwurst and I had a Sprite-type of drink to settle the stomach from too much castle exitement.

This is the most German I've ever seen Flo:

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter